Becky is an experienced commercial litigator who counsels and represents clients on employment, communications, and energy-related matters. She is a recognized expert on employment, telecommunications and energy matters. For more than 25 years she has represented business clients in arbitrations, mediations, state and federal court proceedings, and a variety of administrative proceedings before federal, state and local government agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Labor, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, the Federal Communications Commission, the Colorado Civil Rights Division, the Colorado Department of Labor, and numerous state public utility commissions.
As co-chair of the firm’s employment group, Becky represents and counsels businesses on employment and labor relations matters, including discrimination, discipline, FMLA, ADA, harassment, wrongful discharge, drug and alcohol, handbooks and policies, agreements, performance management, wage and hour issues, workplace investigations, training and audits, worker safety, and employee organization. She has represented companies in employment litigation in federal and state courts, as well as federal and state administrative agencies.
With an in-depth knowledge of administrative law and regulations, Becky regularly counsels business clients, offering strategic guidance on legal and regulatory compliance, leasing and contract negotiations, drafting and dispute resolution, zoning and municipal permitting approvals.
In her closely-related energy practice, Becky represents and counsels clients on intercompany disputes and regulatory matters and assists with a variety of industry-related contracts for advanced energy projects, including land acquisition and lease agreements, interconnection and transmission agreements, engineering, procurement and construction agreements, operation and maintenance agreements, supply agreements, power purchase agreements, service contracts, and operating agreements.
- Author, "IRS Delays the Enforcement of the Employer Shared Responsibility Mandate and Certain Information Reporting Under the ACA"
- Co-author, "Helpful Guidance for Renewable PTC 'Begin Construction' and 'Continuous Efforts,'" Renewable Energy World website, April 24, 2013
- Co-author, "New Twist to the Renewable PTC Extension: Defining 'Under Construction,'" Renewable Energy World website, March 12, 2013
- Co-author, "The Affordable Care Act: Are you affected? Are you ready?" Denver Business Journal, November 2, 2012
- Assisted the Animal Legal Defense Fund in drafting the "Animal Testing and the Law" brochure