A respected attorney, professor, lecturer, writer, expert witness, and advisor, John has built a thriving law firm with acumen, creativity, and a commitment to excellence. With hands-on experience in business planning, formation, and financing, John brings skill, objectivity, and passion to representation of his corporate clientele.
From winning the Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year award from both the Colorado and Denver Bar Associations during the 1980s to an Award of Merit, the highest award of the Colorado Bar Association in 2005, John has remained at the forefront of the legal field. Throughout a career spanning more than three decades, John has counseled clients in all facets of business law—from corporate structure, strategy, and operations to mergers, expansions, and recapitalizations. He frequently advises clients and participants, including buyers, sellers, investors, boards, and committees in various acquisition transactions, divestitures, IPOs, and all types of business-related contracts.
As a savvy businessman and expert on professional ethics and responsibility, John guides clients, including other law firms, on establishment and implementation of risk management protocols to minimize risk, potential for litigation, malpractice, and negligence claims.
John also drafts agreements, negotiates purchase and sale arrangements, and provides representation under the Uniform Commercial Code for clients involved in secured transactions, purchase and sale of tangible goods, investment securities, and negotiable instruments.
A respected professor and lecturer with a legendary energetic personality, John has taught more than 500,000 law students on bar review subjects and thousands of bank loan officers on how to properly document loans. He has written a dozen books and numerous articles, and has lectured extensively for the Professional Education Group, West Professional Training Programs, and the National Center for Continuing Legal Education.
John’s commitments extend to dozens of nonprofit and for-profit organizations. Numerous chairmanships, directorships, memberships, and presidencies have given John a well-rounded perspective on the world.
Books and publications
- Colorado Business Organization Forms and Practice, Fourth Edition, Lexis Publishing, Inc., 2016
- The Law of Business Organizations, West Publishing Co., Sixth Edition, 2015
- Featured in Super Lawyers Magazine Colorado Issue, "The Educator, The Dealmaker & The Reformer: Contract law attorney John Moye is all three," by Ron S. Doyle, April 2014
- Colorado Business Organization Forms and Practice, Third Edition, Lexis Publishing, Inc., 2007
- The Law of Business Organizations, West Publishing Company, Sixth Edition, 2004
- Loan Documentation Manual, James Publishing, 2000
- Federal Jurisdiction and Procedure, West Publishing Co., 1968