John advises clients on corporate formation and governance, planning and documentation of venture capital financings, as well as development, structure, and due diligence involved with mergers and acquisitions. His clientele includes start-up and emerging companies seeking venture capital, established corporate entities, and commercial interests seeking growth through acquisition, partnership, and consolidation of resources. During his career, John has guided many clients from start-up through successful listing on both NASDAQ and NYSE.
A former CPA, John brings extensive, real-world financial experience to his clients' representation. He advises public and private companies on securities matters related to SEC reporting and compliance, offerings, and state and federal securities law and consults with directors, auditors, and committees on both compliance and investigative protocols and corporate governance issues. John also represents owners, developers, and investors in development and financing of commercial and industrial real estate projects, with specific emphasis on alternative energy sources.
Publications and presentations
- Co-sponsor, National Association & Corporate Directors Wyoming Peer Exchange Series
- Co-author, "New Twist to the Renewable PTC Extension: Defining 'Under Construction,'" Renewable Energy World website, March 12, 2013
- Co-author, "Are Storm Clouds Gathering for a Slow-Down in 2007?"
Financier Worldwide, June 2007.
- “How Can Innovative Partnerships Tools Be Used To Support DoD’s Renewable Energy Goals?”
Association of Defense Communities Defense Policy Forum, May 7, 2007.
- Panelist, “Renewable Energy - Meeting DoD's Goals and Creating Value” Association of Defense
Communities 2007 Winter Forum, February 5, 2007
- Panelist, "60 Minutes Is Calling and You Don't Have a Crisis Plan Yet. Now What?"
Audit Committee Seminar, January 26, 2006.