Jay is a an attorney in Moye White’s Trial Section, and a co-founder of the firm’s Insurance Coverage and Recovery Group. Jay is well-versed in the field of insurance, and offers consultations to clients in all sectors of the marketplace concerning issues of insurance coverage and risk transfer. In addition to litigating coverage disputes, Jay has successfully litigated disputes for clients in a variety of areas, including oil and gas, real estate, oil and gas, products liability, employment, and construction. He has represented clients in many courts, including the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Colorado Supreme Court. Jay emphasizes a cost-effective and business-minded approach to litigation, observing that, while it is important to be aggressive, “winning” means something different to each client.
Outside of the office, Jay is a member of the Associate Board of the Boys & Girls Club of Metro Denver. He enjoys skiing, basketball, live music, and cheering on his beloved Oregon Ducks and Denver Broncos.
- Acted as Second Chair in successful defense of products liability action against Canadian manufacturer in two-week jury trial;
- Managed defense of products liability action against drug company, resulting in favorable settlement for client prior to trial;
- Managed litigation of $23 million claim against North Dakota oil and gas client related to alleged breaches of an asset purchase agreement, resulting in favorable settlement on the eve of trial;
- Successfully moved to dismiss claims against lender for violation of usury statute which, if successful, would have changed the law relating to forbearance agreements under Colorado’s usury statute.
- "Arizona v. Gant: Rethinking the Evidence-Gathering Justification for the Search Incident to Arrest Exception, and Testing a New Approach," 87 Denv. U. L. Rev. 175 (2009)