Dave concentrates in a number of commercial areas, including Franchise, Distribution, Real Estate, Mergers/Acquisitions and Private Equity. His experience as a former in-house attorney with an international franchise company allows him to understand legal representation from both the client and the legal perspectives. His work involves representing entrepreneurs, franchisors, developers and private equity firms from early stage to multi-national expansion, addressing issues related to franchise registration/disclosure, contract law, leasing, supplier deals, international expansion and intellectual property.
Dave has a great deal of experience negotiating commercial agreements with vendors, service providers, purchasers, distributors and freight companies both domestically and internationally. He has negotiated shipping agreements for goods destined for Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Dave has also negotiated distribution and sourcing agreements for products on different continents, and structured logistics and transportation agreements for food products pursuant to nationwide distribution systems. Dave has experience with a wide variety of industries, including food service/QSR, fitness, airlines, advertising, construction and fly fishing, among others.
In the commercial real estate arena, Dave concentrates on retail leasing, acquisitions and sales, and also has experience negotiating large office and industrial leases.
Presentations & Speaking Engagements
- “Supply Chain Risk Management” MARSH Restaurant Roundtable, Denver, April 30, 2010
- “Hot Topics in Supply Chain” Moye White New and Emerging Franchisor Conference, Denver, September 30, 2010
- Roundtable presenter, International Franchise Association. Topic: "Best Practices for Supply Agreements"
- Presenter, Franchise West Expo. Topic: "Preparing to Sell your System – Steps to Take and Pitfalls to Avoid"
- Presenter, Contracts CLE Seminar. Topic: "Event Sponsorship Agreements and Sweepstakes Rules Considerations"