Abby Brown is an associate in the Trial Section. Abby believes in providing outstanding service to her clients and delivering business-oriented solutions to resolve their legal issues. Her practice focuses on business dispute litigation, employment counseling and litigation, and construction litigation. She has had experience litigating matters in federal and state court, in arbitration, and at mediation.
Abby is also active in the Denver legal community where she participates as a mentor in Law School Sí se puede and as a volunteer at the Colorado Lawyers Committee’s Denver Legal Night. In the past, Abby has been a firm representative for the Colorado Legal Aid Foundation Associates’ Campaign, an instructor in the nationwide Street Law program, and an adjunct professor at the University Of Denver Sturm College Of Law where she instructed students that competed in national mock trial competitions on the DU National Trial Team.
Prior to joining Moye White, Abby focused her practice on employment and contract disputes, and government contracts litigation for clients that ranged from small business owners to United States defense contractors. She has also engaged in pro bono representation of multiple clients including providing general legal counseling for a non-profit organization whose mission was to combat human trafficking as well as representing an individual client on civil rights claims.
Abby is a graduate of the University Of Denver Sturm College Of Law where she was a research assistant, a member of the National Trial Team, and an executive board member of the Denver University Law Review.
Publications and presentations
- Co-presenter of “The 2016 Defend Trade Secret Act: Key Provisions and Strategic Considerations,“ presented on July 27, 2016;
- Co-presenter of “Protecting Your Trade Secrets and Data Rights,” presented on May 10, 2016;
- Co-presenter of “E-Discovery and Social Media,” presented on October 15, 2014 and May 5, 2015;
- Co-author of the “Federal Trade Secrets Act Signed into Law,” published as a client alert on May 12, 2016;
- Co-author of “The Duty to Supplement the Privilege Log,” published in Law Week Colorado on Oct. 27, 2014.